Raw goat's milk has been called "an amazing new superfood for pets." It says it provides nutrients in whole form and is a natural supplement.
Here are some of the other benefits:
- Contains vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, trace elements, enzymes, protein, and fatty acids.
- According to the Journal of American Medicine, "Goat's milk is the most complete food known."
- Boosts the immune system and supports healthy digestion.
- Adding goat's milk to your pet's diet can help them obtain their daily water requirement.
- It's a natural antihistamine and has anti-inflammatory properties that can lessen the effects of certain allergies.
- Is a nutrient-rich way to enhance your pet's diet.
Goat's milk is only intended for supplemental use. When introducing goat's milk start with a small amount such as ¼ of the daily serving and increase gradually.
Raw goat's milk for pets is most often sold frozen and comes in cartons similar to milk products. Store it in your freezer and then thaw the container in the fridge for 24 hours. Once opened, a container of goat's milk should be used within 10 days.