We are living in a society that is increasingly conscious of not only what's in our food, but in our pets' food as well. Every day, more people are learning how to read the labels and understand the contents of what they are considering as a food source for their pet. The frozen food category continues to expand as people see clear benefits when supplementing diets with raw. While raw is more expensive and complex to feed than kibble or canned food alone, the health benefits outweigh the added cost and time.
What Makes Raw Different?
One of the most natural sources of real food for carnivorous pets is raw; whether frozen or freeze-dried. Raw is the closest you can get to characteristics your pet would naturally crave and consists of:
- High levels of fresh meats
- High levels of natural moisture
- Naturally occurring enzymes and probiotics
- High levels of nutrients due to being uncooked
- Minimal to no carbohydrates
- A variety of protein options for rotational feeding
What Changes Would Be Noticed Once One Begins to Feed A Raw Diet?
The first change you'll notice is improved stools (firmer, smaller, and less stinky). This is due to the superior digestibility of raw. Raw food is highly palatable with naturally occurring enzymes and bacteria, and it's what our pets' digestive systems were made to handle. Other changes you'll notice over time are:
- Shinier coats, healthier skin, and less shedding
- Cleaner teeth, healthier gums, and fresh breath
- Overall improvement of health due to natural vitamins and minerals
- Better weight control and stronger muscles
- Fewer allergy symptoms like scratching, itching, rashes, etc.
- More energy and stamina
- Decrease in abnormal hyperactivity
- Increased mobility in older pets
We are ready to help you dive into the wonderful world of raw. We offer a wide variety of frozen and freeze-dried raw foods, as well as freeze-dried treats. Stop in today and talk with an associate.